MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2)

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:08 pm

... somewhat older, but case related:

Charlie Langton: Why Would Bashara Or Anyone Take A Polygraph And Risk Looking Guilty?
February 2, 2012 11:01 AM

Charlie Langton talked with attorney Mike Rataj about the use of polygraph tests in the case of the recent Grosse Pointe killing and the ongoing Bianca Jones case. In the Bashara case, the media first reported Bashara failed a lie detector test early in the investigation – but his attorney David Griem reported Thursday he had taken another and passed with flying colors.

The test indicated, Griem said, that Bashara had nothing to do with his wife’s death...

---- AUDIO (in 2 parts) ----

at the Source: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/02/02/charlie-langton-is-the-polygraph-accurate-why-would-anybody-take-a-polygraph-voluntarily-and-risk-looking-guilty/

or Audio, direct links:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd0%2FdZ%2FdQ%2FdR%2FdU%2FZQRU_3.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5561683957940743105_vl4gCvorFlJo0J4CCoK8wkO11vA&podcast_name=How+much+weight+does+a+polygraph+carry+in+court%3F+Part+01&podcast_artist=cl&station_id=57&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.DET (part 1)

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd0%2FdZ%2FdQ%2FdR%2FdS%2FZQRS_3.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5561683957940899356_K6IWr9fVp7oL8icX36pSlIyk6KE&podcast_name=How+much+weight+does+a+polygraph+carry+in+court%3F+Part+02&podcast_artist=cl&station_id=57&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.DET (part 2)
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jane Bashara Murder (thread #2)

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:38 pm

Around 20 Bashara Character Witness Letters Secured by Attorney
Competency Exam for Handyman Joe Gentz is May 4

Updated: Monday, 02 Apr 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 02 Apr 2012, 6:50 PM EDT

< snip >

..."Kind of treading water because that's what we're all doing," Griem said Monday.

So far, Bashara's handyman, Joseph Gentz, is the only person charged, but he's charged with conspiracy. He allegedly told police Bob Bashara paid him to kill his wife.

Gentz was sent for a competency exam nearly a month ago.

"I'm not sure that it gives us cause for concern one way or another," Griem remarked.

He was responding to rumors that Gentz passed his competency exam. His hearing is not for another month, and neither the prosecutor's office nor the attorney for Gentz would comment.

FOX 2 legal analyst Charlie Langton said if Gentz passes, that could be a big blow to Bashara.

"If Gentz is found to be credible, what Gentz then said to the cops way back when is heightened and it is more believable," he explained. "If I'm Bashara, I'd be worried."...

< snip >

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----

..."I think the number would be doubled if this case didn't have the media attention that it does," he said.

"Bashara will not get any kind of bond. I don't care how many character witnesses come forward," Langton remarked.

Langton said that is if Bashara is charged with murder. He also noted it is likely nothing will happen until after the next court date for Gentz, who is charged with murder and conspiracy in the death of Jane Bashara....

----------

More at the Source: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/around-20-bashara-character-witness-letters-secured-by-attorney-20120402-ms
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:43 pm

Investigators question Jane Bashara's children in her murder investigation

Attorney says investigators flew to Iowa to talk with Grosse Pointe Park mother's son

Published On: Apr 06 2012 05:16:53 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 06 2012 05:23:06 PM EDT

----

...The Local 4 Defenders have learned that Bob Bashara’s son, Robert Jr., who lives in the Hawkeye state, was interviewed on the record by investigators as part of his mother’s murder case....

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----

----

...David Griem, said both of the couple’s children, Robert and Jessica, have been interviewed.

"Bob Jr. was interviewed for more than three hours out in Iowa this week," Griem said. "Jessica Bashara has been interviewed no less than four times by various police agencies in this case."

Griem said both children could have had a lawyer sit by their side for the investigative subpoena, but neither felt it was necessary.

"Both indicated they wanted to go forward on their own," he said.

Local 4 legal analyst attorney Todd Flood said it’s not unusual for law enforcement to interview family in an investigation.

"What they want to figure out is the truth. So, they want to eliminate defenses and make sure they're putting the right person in the defendant's chair," Flood said.

But, Flood said, flying investigators to Iowa is significant.

"They're moving the ball down the field as fast they can. They didn't wait for whatever vacation, for whatever break. They went out to get the person, to get the interview," Flood said...

----------------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Investigators-question-Jane-Bashara-s-children-in-her-murder-investigation/-/1719314/10295646/-/m05e1d/-/index.html
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Attorney says investigators crossed line when questioning Bashara children

Attorney David Griem says Bashara's children were asked unrelated, unwarranted questions by investigators

Author: Marc Santia, Local 4 Defenders
Published On: Apr 06 2012 06:04:51 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 06 2012 06:44:27 PM EDT

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----

GROSSE POINTE PARK, Mich. -
Attorney David Griem said he understand investigators needed to interview Bob and Jane Bashara's children, Robert Jr. and Jessica, but the veteran lawyer also feels law enforcement crossed the line.

"If you're going after somebody you go after that individual. You don't go after their children," Griem said...

..."The interviews seemed to be more pointed to poisoning them against their father than answering questions," he said.

Griem said the children were questioned about relationships Bashara reputedly had years ago.

"What relevance does that have to this investigation? Zero. Zip. Nada," he said.

Griem said Jessica was shown a Valentine's Day card which, according to investigators, her father gave to a woman he allegedly had an affair with before Jane's death.

"Jessica, in particular, said to me, 'This had nothing to do with trying to find out who my mother's murderer was,'" Griem said.

---------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Attorney-says-investigators-crossed-line-when-questioning-Bashara-children/-/1719314/10295248/-/15ftjln/-/index.html
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Veteran Detroit attorney Susan Reed in spotlight again as she takes on Bashara case
April 7, 2012

Detroit attorney Susan Reed is a veteran of high-profile and ghastly cases. / JESSICA J. TREVINO / Detroit Free Press

Inmates like her. And that's a good thing, Detroit attorney Susan Reed says.

A veteran of a chilling parade of high-profile and ghastly cases, Reed is suddenly in the Detroit area's brightest public spotlight again as the court-appointed lawyer for Joseph Gentz, the handyman charged with murder and conspiracy in the January strangulation of Grosse Pointe Park marketing executive Jane Bashara.

As a criminal defense lawyer, Reed handles her share of court-appointed cases, and she knows that the jailhouse grapevine can stir client suspicion into dark cynicism and bad trial vibes.

The attorney-client relationship "often starts with mistrust," and her first chore is making sure the case doesn't plummet through the trust gap, Reed said.

That's where her cellblock cred comes in: "I think I've got a good reputation in the jail."

The Bashara case is a legal handful.

Gentz gave cops multiple accounts of killing Bashara and shared those stories with civilians who have repeated them on TV. A steady run of investigative leaks have fed intense news coverage.

It's not an easy burden for any lawyer, and Presiding Judge Timothy Kenny of the Wayne County Circuit Court said that's why he appointed Reed.

"There had been information that Mr. Gentz is someone who's had some mental and emotional challenges," Kenny said. "Ms. Reed has done an exceptional job" with clients in challenging situations.

Kenny said that Reed is frequently given troubled or troubling clients who have burned through one or more lawyers.

Reed avoids the blather and hyped hopes that some lawyers spin to calm their clients, said former Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Paul Bernier.

"She tells them what they need to hear, not what they want to," Bernier said.

Reed, an attorney since 1976 who is comfortable with courtroom renderings of horrific crimes, said the sustained news media attention is new for her.

"I like being that attorney who never talks about a pending case," she said.

Investigative leaks have died down, too, since Gentz has been locked up and undergoing psychiatric evaluation. "Anyway, I'm not leaking anything because I don't have anything to leak," Reed said.

The path to the Frank Murphy Hall of Justice wound through Mumford High School in Detroit, the University of Michigan, an east-side elementary school and Michigan Supreme Court chambers.

Her parents were a Detroit bus driver and a public school teacher, and she tested into advanced placement programs.

Cass Tech High School was an option, but a little too big: "Mumford felt right."

Reed, a 1964 graduate, was part of a wave of Mumford students who excelled in law, medicine and other professions.

Even though an area trial can have alumni on the bench and at the defense and prosecution tables, Reed swears the courts aren't run by a secret Mumford Mafia.

Steve Fishman -- a top criminal defense attorney, Mumford grad and tireless Mustang booster -- said Reed was so reserved, she didn't go to sporting events.

After U-M, Reed followed her mother's career path and taught early grades at Nichols Elementary near Indian Village.

She followed her older brother's move from teaching into law school.

Reed later worked with Neighborhood Legal Services and taught legal writing. She also clerked two years for Supreme Court Justice G. Mennen (Soapy) Williams -- an experience that sparks a faraway look.

"What a great man," she said, and working with him was like getting paid for an extraordinary mentorship.

Going into practice, she was office-mates with Fishman and other Mumford grads Elizabeth Jacobs and future U.S. District Judge Arthur Tarnow.

She maintains a teacher's bearing and could probably hush a riot by folding her arms and peering over her glasses.

Reed doesn't glamorize her work days: "When I meet someone, I tell them I represent murderers, rapists and child molesters."

However, defending clients doesn't mean inviting them to Sunday dinner: "I've had some I truly didn't like as a person. I'm careful not to let that interfere with my work."

And she leaves the crimes at the office: "I can't let them keep me awake."

She said she fights stress with regular exercise, science fiction and mysteries.

Colleagues say that trials can take frightening tolls.

Bill Winters, who preceded her as president of the Wayne County Criminal Defense Bar Association, said he found her 18 months ago in the attorneys' lounge on a sofa exhausted and bleeding from the nose in the midst of a serial rapist case.

"I was ready to call EMS," Winters said. "That's the pressure and stress people don't see."

Fishman said Reed cares about her clients, "but it doesn't overcome her professionalism."

She doesn't shrink from emotions, said Wayne County Circuit Judge Brian Sullivan.

"Sometimes you have to pound the table," he said. "But it's not her only tool, and she knows when to use it."

She hasn't shed all her teacher tricks, though.

Teachers have to memorize and sort out two or three dozen students' names and faces, so recalling 14 jurors' names is easy.

The memory is not infallible. She has not recognized some former students who have shown up in jury pools or police uniforms.

One former student was excused from jury duty after telling the judge that "Miss Reed would never lie to me."

It's not hard to work viewers into a lather in the high-octane arena of cable crime shows, especially those that demonize suspects and defendants. It's a trend that disturbs Reed.

Those threatening the Florida jurors who acquitted Casey Anthony are "the ones who hurt the system."

Detroit, she said, is a good city going through a cruel and painful period.

"So many children being shot, it's like people don't care or it's beyond careless," she said.

"You just want to grab people and ask, 'Why so angry?' "

--------

Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120407/NEWS01/204070378/Veteran-Detroit-attorney-Susan-Reed-in-spotlight-again-as-she-takes-on-Bashara-case
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:52 pm

LOL ... Anyone noticed the original photo of Susan Reed in above post?
I didn't upload the photo to the "picture hosting" site this time (in the post above) ... Instead I hot-linked it directly from the Source...

Just now ... - I refreshed the screen and was surprised to see another photo of Susan Reed (the one that is showing now in above post)

Original newspaper picture was this one:
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Bashara "treading water," waiting for developments in wife's murder case
Published: Saturday, April 07, 2012

By Mitch Hotts

With the prospect of criminal charges being filed against him in the next 10 days in connection with the murder of his wife, Bob Bashara plans to attend Easter Mass today and spend the rest of the day relaxing and reflecting at his Grosse Pointe Park home.

New rumors have emerged indicating the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office may file charges by the end of the upcoming week or in the beginning of the week of April 16 alleging Bashara had a role in the strangulation of his 56-year-old wife, Jane.

“This holiday weekend is going to be the worst time for the family,” said defense attorney Dave Griem. “For Bob, the loss of his wife has had a horrific effect on him and their two children because Jane was the rock of the family, their source of strength.”...

----

...In the meantime, Bob Bashara continues to go about his work as a property manager overseeing rental properties in Detroit and Grosse Pointe. He and his mother last month took a drive to Iowa to visit his son and returned to Michigan without incident.

“He’s treading water right now,” Griem said. “He’s been spending time with his kids and doing a tremendous amount of public service work.”

Griem said Bashara no longer has contact with Rachel Gillette, the former Wayne State University employee and alleged mistress who has been linked to Bashara. Internet postings on a sadomasochism website suggest the two were involved in an S&M relationship.

Bashara has received about two dozen letters from character witnesses in case he is charged with his wife’s murder. The letters would be used to convince a judge to release him on bond while the case is pending.

“That’s pretty impressive considering the massive amount of media coverage related to this tragedy,” Griem said.

----------------

More at the Source:

http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2012/04/07/news/doc4f80c9004fc85208336469.txt?viewmode=fullstory

================================================

Same article (that was posted above) ... but with a different heading and from original Source:

Bob Bashara may be charged in wife's slaying this week
Published: Sunday, April 08, 2012

-------

more at original Source: http://www.macombdaily.com/articles/2012/04/08/news/doc4f81d08d5a8c6536929525.txt?viewmode=fullstory
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:21 pm

... Kinda older articles, but kinda relevant ... and i didn't see them HERE before:

Oakland prosecutor taken aback by Griem comments in Bashara murder case
http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2012/02/03/news/doc4f2caad922d3b386585492.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper stunned at comments from Bashara attorney
http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2012/02/07/news/doc4f317f673a03b657548012.txt?viewmode=fullstory
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:24 pm

Police 'set to charge husband over death of marketing executive who was strangled at wheel of her own Mercedes'

• Jane Bashara, 56, found strangled to death behind the wheel of her SUV

• Husband Bob a longtime person of interest in the case

• Mr Bashara claims he had nothing to do with wife's murder

• Handyman Joe Gentz claimed Mr Bashara offered him money to kill his wife

• Suspect has collected about 24 character witness statements

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

PUBLISHED: 05:58 GMT, 9 April 2012 | UPDATED: 06:27 GMT, 9 April 2012

Police may be close to arresting the husband of a marketing executive found dead in January, despite fervent statements to the contrary.

Authorities have reportedly spent the last few months gathering a case against Bob Bashara of Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan...

------------

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2127132/Are-police-closing-husband-death-marketing-executive-wife-Jane-Bashara.html

Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Oakland County's conviction rate DOES look like around 97 / 98% ( as also is mentioned, for example, HERE: http://calltodecision.com/sout.htm )

Wayne County's conviction rate ... Google says:

Overall Conviction Rate 2008: 94.35% ( Source: http://www.co.wayne.mi.us/prosecutor/homicide.htm ... Good site actually ... gonna look around there a bit later on ) Smile

------

From there BTW: Gentz Charged in Murder of Jane Bashara - http://www.co.wayne.mi.us/documents/wcpo_docs/2012_March_5_-_Gentz_Charged_in_Murder_of_Jane_Bashara.pdf (PDF)

Found it HERE: http://www.co.wayne.mi.us/prosecutor/news.htm
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Investigators question Bob Bashara's children about their mother's murder

Posted: Monday, April 09, 2012, 4:51 PM

By: Smita Kalokhe

---- TEXT & VIDEO ----

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Investigators are speaking closely to Bob Bashara’s children as they look into the murder of their mother, Jane.

Sources tell Action News charges against Bob could be brought within a couple months, but for now only handyman Joe Gentz is charged with her murder. The Wayne County Prosecutor’s office says the investigation is on-going.

In an interview with Action News, Bashara’s attorney, David Greim, disregarded any possible charges. “I don’t place much stock in that because we’ve had rumor after rumor after rumor and probably 90% of them have not been factual.”...

-------

Greim claims the investigators unfairly tried to convince the siblings of their father’s involvement, but he went on to say Jessica stood by her father.

“She said, ‘I came away very mad at my father if any of the allegations about other women are true, but I also came away feeling just as strongly as I always have that my father had nothing to do with my mother’s death,’” says Greim...

-----------

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/investigators-question-bob-basharas-children-about-their-mothers-murder#ixzz1ra3YABoV
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:30 pm

When it rains - it pours....

Bashara Could Face Charges in Connection with Wife's Death

Monday, April 09, 2012 5:58 p.m. EDT

GROSSE POINTE PARK (WKZO) -- The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office reportedly may file charges against Bob Bashara in the next ten days, in connection with the death of his wife...

More at: 94.1 The Edge
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Report: Criminal Charges May Soon Be Filed Against Bob Bashara
April 10, 2012 6:53 AM

GROSSE POINTE (WWJ) – Emerging reports suggest that criminal charges may be filed against Bob Bashara in the strangulation death of his 56-year-old wife, Jane, by the end of next week.

The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office could file charges against Bob Bashara by the week’s end or the beginning of next week, according to The Macomb Daily...

--------

...A message seeking comment was left with Bob Bashara’s attorney.

Stay with WWJ Newsradio and CBSDetroit.com for the latest.

Catch up on this story, here.

-----------

More at the Source: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/04/10/report-criminal-charges-may-soon-be-filed-against-bob-bashara/
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:38 pm

nursebeeme wrote:Authorities continue to probe the case with an eye toward possibly charging Bashara for involvement in the slaying. A report from NBC's Craig Melvin that aired on TODAY Tuesday examined claims that Bashara had lived a dark double-life that may ultimately end up in charges for his wife's death.
Contacted by NBC, prosecutors would neither confirm nor deny potential charges against the 54-year-old, saying, "The investigation into the murder is continuing." But the Detroit-area newspaper The Macomb Daily reported Sunday that Bashara may be charged within the next 10 days.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/47004500/ns/today-today_news/t/strange-twists-case-murdered-detroit-executive
Same one.. but TEXT only ... (for those who prefer not to encounter VIDEOs) Smile

Clean text:

Strange twists in case of murdered Detroit executive
Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 AM EDT

http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2012/04/10/11120196-strange-twists-in-case-of-murdered-detroit-executive
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Investigation Continues In Bashara Homicide
Posted: 04/11/2012 9:33 am Updated: 04/11/2012 9:34 am

Grosse Pointe Patch:

The intense national media focus on Grosse Pointe Park has dwindled in the strangulation death of Jane E. Bashara but the investigation continues, Public Safety Director David Hiller said...

Read the whole story at Grosse Pointe Patch

------------

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/11/investigation-continues-i_n_1417363.html
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Bob Bashara makes first court appearance in wife's murder investigation

Attorney wants to be present during handwriting samples, Wayne County Prosecutor's Office says no

Published On: Apr 11 2012 01:50:52 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 11 2012 05:20:11 PM EDT

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----

DETROIT - The Local 4 Defenders were in a courtroom Wednesday as Bob Bashara made his first appearance before a judge in connection with the investigation into his wife Jane’s murder.

An emergency motion was filed by Bashara’s attorney David Griem.

The dispute was over handwriting.

Prosecutors have obtained a search warrant ordering Bashara to submit handwriting samples in the presence of an expert, but Griem says he also wants to be present when Bashara is examined. Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey told the court there’s no reason for, or legal basis for, Griem to be there.

READ: Court documents on request for Bashara handwriting samples

Kenny gave the prosecutor’s office until 3 p.m. Friday to respond to Griem’s request.

Griem then has until Monday to file his response and Kenny will make a decision on April 18...

---------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Bob-Bashara-in-court-for-hearing-over-handwriting-samples/-/1719314/10536160/-/mhdlt/-/index.html
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Must Bob Bashara's attorney be present for handwriting samples?

Defense expert Todd Flood weighs in on Bob Bashara's Wednesday court appearance

Author: Todd Flood, Defense expert

Published On: Apr 11 2012 05:39:24 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 11 2012 05:41:55 PM EDT

... Griem’s contention that he is entitled to be present when Bashara’s handwriting samples are taken is based on Bashara’s constitutional right to counsel. The prosecutor argues that the defendant has no right to counsel when the handwriting samples are taken.

The Sixth Amendment right to counsel extends to all critical stages of proceedings where counsel's absence might harm a criminal defendant's right to a fair trial.

Just as the right to counsel does not extend to the gathering of blood samples or fingerprints from a defendant, the right to counsel does not extend to the taking of handwriting samples. This is because the risk of harm due to attorney absence in those situations is minimal.

The court will likely rule that Griem is not entitled to be present for the handwriting samples.

However, since Bashara has invoked his right to counsel and right to remain silent, the police will not allowed to ask Bashara any questions during this process.

It is apparent that the police are in possession of some evidence that contains an unknown individual’s handwriting.

Wednesday's hearing begs the question: what evidence do the police have that they want to compare Bashara’s handwriting to?

-----------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Must-Bob-Bashara-s-attorney-be-present-for-handwriting-samples/-/1719314/10561580/-/jnluwuz/-/index.html
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Bob Bashara in court as prosecutors ask for writing sample

Posted: 04/11/2012

---- TEXT & VIDEO ----

DETROIT (WXYZ) - Bob Bashara and his lawyer were in a Wayne County Circuit Court Wednesday as the investigation into his wife's murder continues.

According to the Wayne Circuit Court, they were in court for a motion filed by David Griem.

The Wayne county Prosecutor's office is seeking a hand-written sample from Bashara. In his motion, Griem asked the court that someone, either himself or a person he designates, be allowed to sit in when Bashara provides the writing sample.

He has nothing to hide, but if we’re going to have police in the room then there should be the defense attorney in the room", Griem told Action News.

No decision was reached on the motion. The hearing will resume on April 18, at 2:30 p.m.

Bob Bashara has become the main suspect in his wife Jane's murder. He was called a "person of interest" shortly after her body was found in January.

Joe Gentz, a handyman who has done work for Bob Bashara, is being held on charges including murder and conspiracy.

Shortly after the murder Gentz walked into the Grosse Pointe Park Police Department and reportedly confessed to killing Jane Bashara.

Sources close to the investigation say Gentz claims Bob Bashara hired him to murder his wife and forced him to carry out the killing at gunpoint.

------------

Source: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/bob-bashara-in-court-as-prosecutors-ask-for-writing-sample
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Bob Bashara, Attorney Go to Court in Battle over Handwriting Samples
Updated: Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012, 7:03 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012, 2:00 PM EDT

By AMY LANGE

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----

DETROIT (WJBK) -- "We're here cooperating and doing everything that we need to do," said Bob Bashara.

Bashara was at court Wednesday even though he is not in custody and not even charged, but this person of interest is under intense scrutiny...

--------------

..."Nobody has done in American judicial history what this prosecutor's office is attempting to do here," Griem told the judge. "There's an appearance of trying to hide something by the prosecutor's office. There's an appearance of impropriety."

Assistant Prosecutor: Lisa Lindsey

An obviously agitated Assistant Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey argued Griem does not have a right to be present for the handwriting samples and that it could be videotaped to insure there is no impropriety.

"His way of doing things does not comport with the law. If he's present, that makes him a witness. He cannot be a witness and the attorney on the case," she said.

Griem asked the judge to allow his investigator, a former FBI agent, to be present instead.

Judge Kenny said he will have a decision Wednesday of next week.

Meantime, Bob Bashara waits for what's next.

"Mr. Bashara, the Bashara children, the Bashara family and I are still just treading water looking out for sharks," said Griem.

Prosecutor Kym Worthy is not commenting on any of it.

"I'm aware of everything that's happening in that case, but I'm not going to tell you," she said. "Anything that requires court intervention, that will happen, and I'm not going to divulge that at this point in time or even talk about that or confirm it."

Clearly Worthy is not talking about this at all, including if and when additional charges may be coming forth. However, many speculate, including David Griem, that nothing will happen until after the competency hearing for Joe Gentz. That is scheduled for May 4.

---------------

More at the Source: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/bob-bashara%2C-attorney-in-court-fight-over-evidence-20120411-spb
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Bob Bashara lawyer wants to be present for handwriting sample; prosecutors say no

2:10 PM, April 11, 2012

By Joe Swickard
Detroit Free Press Staff Writer

David Griem wants to be present when his client Bob Bashara gives a handwriting sample. / KIMBERLY P. MITCHELL/DETROIT FREE PRESS

Bob Bashara’s defense lawyer David Griem wants to be present when his client gives a handwriting example to prosecutors, but the prosecutor’s office is objecting to that.

Appearing before Presiding Judge Timothy Kenny, Griem said that in his more than 30 years as a lawyer, he has never had prosecutors object to being present when a client gives a handwriting sample.

But Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey told Kenny there is no legal basis for Griem to be present when Bashara gives a handwriting example as demanded in a search warrant.

Bob Bashara has been named a person of interest in the death of his wife, Jane Bashara, who was found strangled in the backseat of her Mercedes-Benz SUV, which had been ditched in an east-side Detroit alley the morning after her husband reported her missing.

Handyman Joseph Gentz has been charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy for the Jan. 24 slaying.

Kenny ordered prosecutors to answer Griem’s motion by Friday afternoon, and he will make a decision a week from today.

Lindsey said there is no need for Griem to be there and she offered to have the taking of the handwriting example videotaped. Griem said that if he were not permitted, he wanted a private investigator to observe it.

“We’re here cooperating, doing everything we need to do,” Bashara said.

Griem said that he, Bashara and the Bashara family “are still just treading water and looking out for sharks. Today was another example of this.”

-----------

Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120411/NEWS02/120411037/Bob-Bashara-David-Griem-handwriting-sample
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:25 pm

April 11, 2012 at 5:02 pm
Bashara's lawyer fights request for handwriting sample in murder case

--------------

More at the Source: (below)

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120411/METRO01/204110438#ixzz1rmj3ZMMT

====================

Bob Bashara Makes Court Appearance

The Grosse Pointe Park man named as a "person of interest" in the January death of his wife, Jane, made an appearance in court today related to an emergency motion.

By Sara Eaton Martin, 3:20 pm

More at the Source: http://grossepointe.patch.com/articles/bob-bashara-makes-court-appearance
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Bob Bashara's lawyer spars in court over handwriting test
April 12, 2012

After weeks of secret investigative maneuvers, the Jane Bashara murder case burst back into the open Wednesday during a court fight by her husband's lawyer to monitor how detectives and prosecutors take Bob Bashara's handwriting sample.

After a 20-minute in-chambers discussion and a testy exchange in open court, Presiding Judge Timothy Kenny of the Wayne County Circuit Court's criminal division said he will decide Wednesday whether the defense can be there to keep an eye on the taking of the handwriting sample....

---------

... Outside court, Griem said that he and the Bashara family "are still just treading water and looking out for sharks. Today was another example of this."

Looking much thinner -- and visibly tense while in the courtroom -- Bashara begged off reporters' questions and said "we're here cooperating, doing everything we need to do."

The case has been marked by reports of mishandled and lost evidence, as well as sloppy searches, the reported improper questioning of Gentz, and delayed witness interviews.

Speculation about the strength of the prosecution's potential case has grown in the Grosse Pointes since the investigation moved out of the public eye.

------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120412/NEWS01/204120561/Bob-Bashara-s-lawyer-spars-in-court-over-handwriting-test
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:30 pm

April 12, 2012 at 1:00 am
Bashara's lawyer fights request for handwriting sample

Attorney asks to be present if client gives prosecutors sample

By Christine Ferretti
The Detroit News

..."We believe it's contrary to the law that they can take a target of an investigation and force that individual to go into a room with a bunch of police and prosecutors, close the door and have their way with him," said Griem, noting he previously facilitated a sample from Bashara, but prosecutors wouldn't accept it.

"They are arguing we have no right to be there. We argue we do have such a right. That's the heart of the issue."

Griem said he either wants both sides to be present or neither side to be present when the sample is given...

------------

More at the Source: (below)

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120412/METRO/204120389
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Woe.be.gone wrote:... By the way, what party does BB support? - that would be interesting to know ...
Well, Bob Bashara did donate to Republican Spencer Abraham

Spencer Abraham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Examples:
Code:
ROBERT M BASHARA (UNITED LABS), (Zip code: 48230) $250 to ABRAHAM FOR SENATE (1994) on 03/27/95

ROBERT M BASHARA (UNITED LABS), (Zip code: 48230) $1000 to ABRAHAM FOR SENATE on 01/28/94
Read more: http://www.city-data.com/elec2/elec-GROSSE-POINTE-PARK-MI.html#ixzz1roRPYyzl

Plus i saw many more of his and Jane's donations .. but just don't remember currently where....

Actually .. Here are some more:

ROBERT BASHARA (SELF-EMPLOYED), (Zip code: 48230) $250 to ABRAHAM SENATE 2000 on 09/13/00

ROBERT BASHARA, (Zip code: 48230) $600 to ABRAHAM SENATE 2000 on 12/06/99

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/elec2/00/elec-GROSSE-POINTE-MI-00.html#ixzz1roWWjzNS

So did Bob's father ... - his donations could be seen at the same above link

Among other places also can "hunt" for something like this HERE: http://www.city-data.com/search/?cx=012585674615115756003%3Awego5ffcspg&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=robert%20bashara&f=cs&sa=Search&siteurl=www.city-data.com%252F#1045

or:

Code:
http://www.city-data.com/search/?cx=012585674615115756003%3Awego5ffcspg&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=robert%20bashara&f=cs&sa=Search&siteurl=www.city-data.com%252F#1045
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:41 pm

... some more pics from court ...

... click on thumbnail below to expand ...

Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Court battle brews over Bob Bashara handwriting sample
Prosecutors respond to attorney's motion in Grosse Pointe Park murder case

Published On: Apr 13 2012 05:53:39 PM EDT

DETROIT - Wayne County prosecutors have responded to a motion filed by the attorney of Bob Bashara concerning a request for a handwriting sample from Bashara....

On Friday, prosecutors filed their motion with the court in response. They maintain that Bashara has no right to have an attorney present because, at this time, he is not facing any charges.

Griem has until next Monday to respond to the motion from the prosecutor's office.

Judge Timothy Kenny will hold a hearing to consider the motions and issue a ruling next Wednesday. Bob Bashara is expected to attend that hearing.

--------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Court-battle-brews-over-Bob-Bashara-handwriting-sample/-/1719314/10714190/-/8w53gz/-/index.html
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:59 pm

April 17, 2012 at 11:32 am
Bashara lawyer blasts prosecutors over handwriting sample request

By Christine Ferretti and George Hunter
The Detroit News

Detroit— The attorney representing Robert Bashara has filed a motion in Wayne Circuit Court accusing prosecutors of trying to "stage manage a potential future trial before it begins" in connection with the January murder of Bashara's wife, Jane Bashara.

Wayne County Prosecutors have requested a handwriting sample from Robert Bashara, who was named by investigators as a person of interest in his wife's murder, although he has never been charged.

Bashara's attorney, David Griem, said in a motion filed Monday that he wants to be present while his client provides the handwriting sample, and blasted prosecutors for what he called "comical" claims that the circuit court doesn't have the authority to intervene in a dispute over the sample.

Bashara is due in court Wednesday for a hearing on the matter.

In his nine-page filing, Griem also claimed prosecutors want to sway a potential jury by using creative editing and camerawork while videotaping his client as he provided the handwriting sample...

---------------------

More at the Source: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120417/METRO01/204170392/1409/metro/Bashara-lawyer-blasts-prosecutors-over-handwriting-sample-request

"Griem has said he's asking the court to either allow both sides to present or neither."

In comments, at the above source, someone suggested quite a logical "solution" to this particular dispute:

Jim BigThunder :

solution: no cameras; just an independent person appointed by the judge who can testify that Mr. Bashara signed the paper. What ever they want him to write needs to be typed out ahead of time for review by both sides and the judge.
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Judge: Bob Bashara must give handwriting samples without his attorney
3:03 PM, April 18, 2012

Murder suspect Bob Bashara does not have the right to have his attorney or other representative in the room when he gives handwriting samples to the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office.

Presiding Judge Timothy Kenny ruled against defense attorney David Griem’s effort to be present or to have a representative present when Bashara gives sample signatures and notes.

Kenny said Bashara is not yet a defendant so there is “no legal right for his attorney to appear over the shoulder of the investigators.” Kenny said this is not a critical stage of the investigation and “this court does not run or supervise investigations.

Outside court, Griem said that this was “just one battle. Mostly likely there is a war to be fought here.”

Griem said the whole legal set-to was unnecessary because he and Bashara most likely would have stipulated to identifying the signatures, letters and checks that the investigators have.

He also said that wanting to keep the thing behind closed doors “tells us something – that they don’t want anyone watching.”

As he left on the elevator with Bashara, Griem said, “In this dog-and-pony show, the dog lost and the pony won.”

Prosecutors made no comments. A date will be set later for Bashara to give the handwriting and signature samples.

Handyman Joe Gentz has been charged with murder and conspiracy in the death of Bashara’s wife Jane, who was found strangled in her Mercedes SUV in January.

------------

Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120418/NEWS02/120418042/Judge-Bob-Bashara-must-give-handwriting-samples-without-his-attorney
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:08 pm

Judge rules Bashara does not have right to have lawyer present when giving writing sample

Posted: 3:05 PM
Last Updated: 48 minutes ago

DETROIT (WXYZ) - A Wayne County Circuit Court judge has ruled that Bob Bashara does not have the right to have his attorney present when he gives a handwriting sample to prosecutors...

... It's not clear why prosecutors are asking for a writing sample from Bashara ...

-------------------

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/judge-rules-bashara-does-not-have-right-to-have-lawyer-present-when-giving-writing-sample
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Bashara Must Give Handwriting Sample without Attorney Present
Updated: Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012, 3:43 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012, 3:16 PM EDT

FOX 2's Alexis Wiley reports that Bob Bashara must give a handwriting sample without his attorney present after a judge denied a motion by his attorney Wednesday.

Also See: Bob Bashara, Attorney Go to Court in Battle over Handwriting Samples

Bashara has been called a person of interest in his wife's murder, but has not been charged. Jane Bashara was found dead last January on Detroit's east side in the back of her Mercedes.

Bashara handyman Joe Gentz has been charged with murder and conspiracy in the case. He faces a competency exam in early May.

Stay with FOX 2 News and myFOXDetroit.com for updates to this developing story.

-----------

Source: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/bashara-must-give-handwriting-sample-without-attorney-present-20120418-ms
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:33 pm

April 18, 2012 at 4:17 pm
Attorney loses bid to be present when Bashara submits handwriting sample

By George Hunter and Christine Ferretti
The Detroit News

Robert Bashara's motion to have his attorney present while he provided a handwriting sample was denied by Judge Timothy Kenny. (Steve Perez/ The Detroit News)

Detroit- A judge on Wednesday denied a request by Robert Bashara, named as a person of interest in his wife's murder, to have his attorney present while he provides a handwriting sample...

"This court's role is limited to whether or not Mr. Bashara's constitutional rights have been violated," Kenny said.

Griem said he was disappointed in the judge's ruling.

"This dog and pony show was not necessary," Griem said. "We were just asking which documents contained his handwriting. But they would never provide that to us."

Griem added he expects Bashara to provide the handwriting sample within "the next couple of days."...

--------------------------

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120418/METRO/204180428/Attorney-loses-bid-present-when-Bashara-submits-handwriting-sample
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Judge denies Bob Bashara attorney's request to be present for handwriting samples
David Griem wanted to be there when Wayne County prosecutors get samples for investigation in Grosse Pointe Park mother's murder...

Published On: Apr 18 2012 03:15:53 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 18 2012 03:36:30 PM EDT

------

More at the Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Judge-denies-Bob-Bashara-attorney-s-request-to-be-present-for-handwriting-samples/-/1719314/10989970/-/7bi14az/-/
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:41 pm

--- AUDIO --- (Podcast, 11:11)

from lauriej (thanks!)

lauriej wrote:
Is the writing on the wall for Bashara?

April 16, 2012
Attorney David Griem tells Charlie why the Bashara case is the strangest and most bizarre case he has ever worked on.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd1%2Fd0%2FdA%2FdK%2FdL%2F10AKL_3.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5561749746628791667_UZbrXgpOSxOlKI2e50E0rCrct8&podcast_name=Is+the+writing+on+the+wall+for+Bashara%3F&podcast_artist=Charlie+Langton&station_id=57&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.DET

--charlie langton audio interview w/ david griem--
Charlie Langton said (in above mentioned Podcast): "The ruling is on Wednesday ... We will follow up on Thursday" (which is tomorrow) Smile
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Judge denies Bashara attorney's request to be present for handwriting samples

Published On: Apr 18 2012 05:39:06 PM EDT

---- VIDEO added ---- (from court ... Bashara's comments ... Griem's comments etc)

The lawyer for Bob Bashara has lost his request to be present when Bashara gives a handwriting sample to Wayne County prosecutors.

----------------

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Judge-denies-Bob-Bashara-attorney-s-request-to-be-present-for-handwriting-samples/-/1719418/11004876/-/9prjhxz/-/index.html

----------------

--- TEXT & the same VIDEO is HERE: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Judge-denies-Bob-Bashara-attorney-s-request-to-be-present-for-handwriting-samples/-/1719314/10989970/-/7bi14az/-/index.html

"For the reasons stated on the record, the defendant's motion is denied," Wayne County Circut Court Judge Timothy Kenny said.

Bob Bashara said he didn't consider the judge's ruling a set back.

"No, I wouldn't say so at all," he said.

Griem said he had no plans to appeal.

"They had to go through a dog and pony show and it looks like today the dog lost and the pony won. Have a good day," Griem said.

A date for the handwriting samples to be submitted has not yet been set.
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Bob Bashara to Give Writing Sample Without Attorney Griem Present

Grosse Pointe Park investigators will be able to gather a handwriting sample from Bob Bashara without his attorney present after a ruling was issued Wednesday.

By Sara Eaton Martin, 4:18 pm

One week after attorney David Griem argued to be present for the gathering of a handwriting sample from his client Bob Bashara, a Third Circuit Court Judge denied the request.

Judge Timothy Kenny denied Griem's request Wednesday during a brief hearing, during which he explained Griem is not legally entitled to be present since Bashara is not under arrest, Kenny's court clerk told Patch Wednesday...

...Patch is awaiting a return call from Griem seeking comment about today's decision.

Meanwhile, Grosse Pointe Park Public Safety Director David Hiller said last week the case is still being actively investigated three months after her death.

The next major date is a hearing in early May for Gentz during which his competency will be determined.

----------------------

More at the Source: Gross Pointe Patch
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Bashara court hearing
1 hr 5 mins ago - WXYZ-Detroit 2:11

A judge has ordered that bob Bashara does not have the right to have his lawyer present when he gives a handwriting sample.

----- Good VIDEO ----- (more details than in another video, mentioned earlier)

-- They learned that Bob Bashara will give the handwriting sample "Friday afternoon" (April the 20th, 2012, i guess)

-- "Do you still have the full support of your family and friends?" (reporter)

-- "Absolutely, I do." (Bob)

--------------------

Source: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/judge-rules-bashara-does-not-have-right-to-have-lawyer-present-when-giving-writing-sample

or can watch it here in "FULL Screen": http://news.yahoo.com/video/detroitwxyz-20910802/bashara-court-hearing-29000086.html Smile
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:50 pm

Bob Bashara must give writing samples without attorney present, judge says
April 19, 2012

Only murder suspect Bob Bashara and investigators will be there when Bashara gives court-ordered handwriting samples and signatures as part of the investigation into his wife's slaying, a Wayne County Circuit judge ruled Wednesday.

Defense attorney David Griem argued that he or a representative should be on hand when Bashara gives dozens of writing samples and signatures for comparison with an envelope, a check, a greeting card, a card attached to flowers and a letter.

But Presiding Judge Timothy Kenny said Bashara has not been charged with a crime and his lawyer has "no legal right to peer over the shoulder of the investigators." The writing examples, like a blood sample or voice identification, "is not a critical stage" that requires a lawyer's presence, Kenny said.

Courts protect rights but leave the detective work to police, he said. It's not clear what role the writing samples have in the murder investigation.

"This court does not run or supervise investigations," Kenny told Griem and assistant Wayne County prosecutors Lisa Lindsey and Rob Moran...

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120419/NEWS02/204190474/Bob-Bashara-must-give-writing-samples-without-attorney-present-judge-says

=========================================

Judge rules against Bashara request to have lawyer present for writing sample
By Mitch Hotts
mitch.hotts@macombdaily.com

Posted: 04/19/12 12:01 am
Updated: 04/19/12 12:32 am

...Presiding Judge Timothy Kenny denied a motion by defense attorney David Griem to be there when Bashara gives a sample of his handwriting because he hasn’t yet been charged with a crime and therefore doesn’t have the legal right to have counsel present

Kenny said Bashara does not “have the right to peer over the shoulder of the investigators during the investigation.” He went on to say that would also apply to a blood draw, voice identification or signature samples.

“The issue is not whether to keep Griem out, but whether he can be present while the police carry on their investigation,” the judge continued. “The answer is no.”

Griem said he would not appeal the ruling because “this is just one battle. Most likely, there is a war to be fought here.” He said Bashara had already agreed to provide the handwriting sample, but prosecutors would not first let the defense see the documents in question that his writing would be compared to. Prosecutors reportedly want to verify Bashara’s signature on a check, a letter and a greeting card they confiscated. The check is believed to have been a payment made from Bashara to handyman Joe Gentz, while the card allegedly was addressed to Rachel Gillette, a female companion of Bashara.

...“They had to go to a dog-and-pony show and today it looks like the dog lost and the pony won,” Griem said.

While waiting for an elevator in the hallway, Bashara said he didn’t consider the judge’s decision a setback.

“I wouldn’t say that at all,” he said without elaborating.

In response to reporters’ questions, Bashara said his children are “doing fine.” Asked if he felt he still has the support of his family and friends, Bashara answered, “Absolutely I do.”

The entire story is at the Source: http://macombdaily.com/article/20120419/NEWS01/120419577/judge-rules-against-bashara-request-to-have-lawyer-present-for-writing-sample&pager=full_story
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Darkman wrote:--- AUDIO --- (Podcast, 11:11)

from lauriej (thanks!)

lauriej wrote:
Is the writing on the wall for Bashara?

April 16, 2012
Attorney David Griem tells Charlie why the Bashara case is the strangest and most bizarre case he has ever worked on.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd1%2Fd0%2FdA%2FdK%2FdL%2F10AKL_3.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5561749746628791667_UZbrXgpOSxOlKI2e50E0rCrct8&podcast_name=Is+the+writing+on+the+wall+for+Bashara%3F&podcast_artist=Charlie+Langton&station_id=57&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.DET

--charlie langton audio interview w/ david griem--
Charlie Langton said (in above mentioned Podcast): "The ruling is on Wednesday ... We will follow up on Thursday" (which is tomorrow) Smile
Sure thing! ... A new podcast today ... and it's pretty good!

-- AUDIO --- (Podcast, 10:26)

Bashara Attorney Griem on "Dogs and Ponies"
April 19, 2012

Attorney David Griem tells Charlie he is incredulous at the court's decision to not allow him to be present at his client's handwriting sample session in front of investigators. Griem also explains what he means by "dog and pony."

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2Fredirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2Fd0%2Fd1%2Fd0%2FdB%2FdP%2FdY%2F10BPY_3.MP3%3Fauthtok%3D5561750526835638088_eBlcYfdbctDcCCQ14xdkhZHM&podcast_name=Bashara+Attorney+Griem+on+Dogs+and+Ponies&podcast_artist=Charlie+Langton&station_id=57&tag=pages&dcid=CBS.DET

... Charlie: What is "dog and pony"?

... Griem: defense (begins with "d") = dog .... prosecution, plaintiff (begin with "p") = pony ... -- I am an old dog

-------------

... Charlie: When will this handwriting take place?

... Griem: Tomorrow (Friday, Apr. 20, 2012)

... Charlie: Oh! .. OK ... Where at?

... Griem: At Michigan State Police (post on Taylor?? .. or something like that) .... Behind closed doors .. with who knows how many investigators present .. there are four investigation agencies involved .. etc
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:59 pm

... Griem: At Michigan State Police (post on Taylor?? .. or something like that) .... Behind closed doors .. with who knows how many investigators present .. there are four investigation agencies involved .. etc
At Michigan State Police post in Taylor (at 1:00 p.m.)

"They can bring in a cast of every investigator who has ever worked on this case. … Mr. Bashara will be on his own, behind closed doors"

Source: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120419/METRO/204190399
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Bob Bashara submits handwriting samples in wife's murder investigation

Grosse Pointe Park father says he is cooperating, wants to find out who killed Jane

Published On: Apr 20 2012 12:47:25 PM EDT

DETROIT -
Bob Bashara was 30 minutes early Friday when he arrived at the Michigan State Police post in Taylor to submit handwriting samples.

The Local 4 Defenders were there as Bashara went into the building with a retired FBI agent at his side. Bashara told the Local 4 Defenders that he always has, and will continue to, cooperate with authorities.

Bashara said he just wants to find out who killed his wife.

--------

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Bob-Bashara-submits-handwriting-samples-in-wife-s-murder-investigation/-/1719314/11244158/-/l1tdtaz/-/index.html
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:04 pm

April 20, 2012 at 1:17 pm
Robert Bashara at Michigan State Police post to give handwriting sample

The Detroit News

The Grosse Pointe Park man, arrived in an SUV at the Taylor post on Telegraph around 12:30 p.m. Friday with his own private investigator. He was scheduled to provide the sample at 1 p.m. Bashara told a group of reporters outside that he just wants to know who is responsible for his wife's January killing.

"Throughout this whole mess … we have fully cooperated and we continue to do so," Bashara said before entering the building. "Bob Bashara wants to find out who killed his wife." ...

---------------------

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120420/METRO01/204200410#ixzz1sbPSaRsV
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Bob Bashara giving handwriting samples to investigators looking into his wife's murder

Posted: 1:46 PM
Last Updated: 4 minutes ago

By: Kimberly Craig

---- includes VIDEO of BB speaking

(WXYZ) - With news cameras rolling beside him, Grosse Pointe Park businessman Bob Bashara walked into his meeting with prosecutors who want handwriting samples from him as part of their investigation into the murder of his wife, Jane.

“Throughout this whole mess, this whole disaster of me losing my wife, Jane was a wonderful person, we have fully cooperated. We continue to do so. This is another example of that", Bashara told reporters Friday afternoon as he walked into the Michigan State Police post in Taylor.

... When asked what he might say to his former handyman Joseph Gentz who claims that Bashara hired him to kill his wife, “I have nothing to say to him”...

... “I’m going to go in. I’m going to cooperate and I’m going to come out”, said Bashara...

--------------

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/bob-bashara-giving-handwriting-samples-to-investigators-looking-into-his-wifes-murder
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Bob was in there for longer than 3 hours...

...Three hours later, Bashara walked out of the police station.

"I did as they asked, completed the assignment. They were very cordial and I was very open and honest with them," he said...

--------

Wow! What did they do to him in there in those three hours. Just look at his hair... :rolleyes:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/investigations/Bob-Bashara-submits-handwriting-samples-in-wife-s-murder-investigation/-/1719314/11244158/-/l1tdtaz/-/index.html

and HERE is new VIDEO:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Bob-Bashara-submits-handwriting-samples-in-wife-Jane-s-murder-investigation/-/1719418/11276140/-/vp1wgk/-/index.html
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:13 pm

April 20, 2012 at 5:22 pm
Robert Bashara gives handwriting sample to Michigan State Police

The Detroit News

Taylor — Robert Bashara spent more than three hours at a Michigan State Police post Friday afternoon providing a court-ordered handwriting sample in the murder investigation of his wife, Jane.

The Grosse Pointe Park man arrived in an SUV at the Taylor post on Telegraph around 12:30 p.m. Friday with his own private investigator, retired FBI agent J.D. Gifford. Bashara exited the building about 4 p.m. after providing samples investigators will compare to writing on a greeting card, a letter and a check seized from his home during two searches in February.

Bashara declined to say who was in the room with him when he provided the handwriting sample, or if the proceeding was videotaped.

"(The police) were cordial," he told a group of reporters gathered outside the building. "I was open and honest with them."

Before he left the state police post, Bashara complained he was being treated unfairly by the press.

"I've been tried and convicted in the media," he said. "This is the land of America, where you're innocent until proven guilty."

He concluded his brief remarks by saying: "Have a great day. Go Tigers."...

-----------

Source: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120420/METRO01/204200410/1409/metro/Robert-Bashara-gives-handwriting-sample-Michigan-State-Police
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Griem / Bashara's "own private investigator, retired FBI agent" J.D. Gifford tried to enter in with Bob ... but wasn't allowed:

Here are some more pics of him: (under spoiler below)

Spoiler:

Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:20 pm

Bashara Provides Samples of His Handwriting at State Police Post
Updated: Friday, 20 Apr 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 20 Apr 2012, 10:20 PM EDT

By RONNIE DAHL
WJBK | myFOXDetroit.com

---- VIDEO & TEXT ----

TAYLOR, Mich. (WJBK) -- Each person's handwriting is unique, and now Bob Bashara's handwriting is being scrutinized by an expert.

-----------------

... "Bob Bashara wants to find out who killed his wife, wants to find out what happened and the truth," Bashara remarked.

But will the truth lead back to the Grosse Pointe Park businessman? ...

-----------------

... "The idea more is to look for similarities or differences to either include or exclude someone as having written a certain document," said Erich Speckin.

He makes his living studying other peoples handwriting.

"I've had cases from 37 countries, all 50 states. I've testified in 37 states," he said.

Speckin is not working on the Bashara case, but says typically the process calls for a person to write something over and over in a short amount of time.

"By the time you get to say the 20th or 30th, they don't know whatever disguise they might be using has now changed because they don't have the first, second and third to use as a guideline to keep their disguise up," he explained....

-------------

More at: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/bashara-provides-samples-of-his-handwriting-at-state-police-post-20120420-ms

================================================

Few more pics from that Video: (click on Spoiler below to view)

Spoiler:

Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Additional pictures of Hard Luck Lounge, and around front and back of the building, including those video cameras:

The rest are under the Spoiler: (below)

Spoiler:

Looks like the space formerly occupied by the Hard Luck Lounge is for RENT.

$1995 and it can be yours: Very Happy

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/off/2947615116.html

Looks like Bobby placed a FRESH ad there: (just few days ago)

$1,995/mo. Possibility of a liquor liscense for sale as well...

P.S.
His ad contains bunch of spelling errors including the one seen above (re: liscense) Smile
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:31 pm

If the adjacent basement space (also known as Sex Dungeon), formerly occupied by Bob Bashara (also known as Master Bob) could be included as a Bonus... We got a deal, Bobby! :laugh:

lol! ...

Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:36 pm

Darkman wrote:

P.S.
His ad contains bunch of spelling errors including the one seen above (re: liscense) Smile
Looks like Bobby is "spreading his wings" somewhat... posted same type of an Ad at two other sites (one back on April 9, 2012 even) Smile

http://michigan.freeshopperads.com/commercial/1995-double-store-front-for-officelounge-mack-ave-grosse-pointe-park-map.html

http://www.listown.com/parking-storage/dt/201204/228518.htm

Same spelling mistakes Very Happy
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Darkman wrote:Additional pictures of Hard Luck Lounge, and around front and back of the building, including those video cameras:

The rest are under the Spoiler: (below)

Spoiler:

P.S.
Darkman wrote:
If the adjacent basement space (also known as Sex Dungeon), formerly occupied by Bob Bashara (also known as Master Bob) could be included as a Bonus... We got a deal, Bobby! :laugh:

lol! ...

I like the reply by Copzkid elsewhere on the net:

Copzkid wrote:I called the number, Dungeon is included, toys are extra. Bob said "I am innocent, Go Tigers". I guess our work here... is done.
Darkman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top